Youth and Life skills Advisor
At World Vision, The Education and Life Skills team is seeking a passionate candidate with a background in action learning models and preteen/teen children to do the following:
- Lead the development of the life skills area for the EDLS team
- Lead the development and expansion of the life skills CoP
- Direct the on-going development and refinement of the Positive Adolescent Development framework of best practice models.
- Serve as the representative for WVI at global and interagency consortia
- Identify themes from EDLS and other sectors and themes involved in applied life skills programming relevant M&E best practices; assembling and disseminating them to ROs and NOs for use at program level
- Liaise with all regional life skills stakeholders to leverage innovations for the benefit of the wider Partnership.
The ideal candidate has:
- M.A. in a social discipline relevant to applied life skills education
- 8-10 years of experience actively engaged in applied life skills education among disadvantaged populations
- Broad experience in at least two of the major arenas of applied life skills learning at World Vision, viz., youth participation/citizenship, HIV & AIDS prevention, spiritual nurture, peace building, or entrepreneurship.
- Strong community engagement skills and experience
If you are interested in further information, please e-mail Jennifer Daniel, Technical Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org
DO NOT REPLY TO LIFESKILLS HANDBOOKS!